Board index General Area Technical, Tuning, Servicing Dark Blue Injectors - What do all the numbers mean?

Dark Blue Injectors - What do all the numbers mean?

For all your Technical needs. ask the members and experts.

MarkRS337 1.3L OHC 60bhp

Your Full Name: Mark
Whats RS's do you own: My Baby
I'm in the process of getting my cossie back on the road after a few too many years of lying dormant.
I've decided to take the dark blue injectors out & send them off to be 'cleaned' but i've noticed that on the side of all 4 of the injectors are the 1W 044 - what do these mean ?
On three of the injectors there are the numbers 0661/00 & on one of the injectors are the numbers 0841/00. What do these numbers mean & shouldn't all the injectors be the same.

P.S. my car is an untweaked 4x4 Cosworth.

Thanks for reading,
Mark.

twin turbo 2.8i V6 148bhp

Your Full Name: sigmund Henjum
Whats RS's do you own: saph`s, escos + xr4i`s, capri`s, +++
Maybe one injector has Been changed? I think IT was "change" on injector in the production run of 4x4, they Are same Spec, but diffrent nummer, so might be that...
sorry about spelling errors and other crap from me... I am from noway... I dont know better

MarkRS337 1.3L OHC 60bhp

Your Full Name: Mark
Whats RS's do you own: My Baby
Thanks for your reply. I thought that might be the answer but i just thought i'd ask the question. Thanks

carl/saff Site Admin

Your Full Name: Carl
Whats RS's do you own: Sapphire Cosworths
Legend has it ...

Ford Changed the Colour code from yellow to blue to stop them being replaced under service when there was nothing wrong with them ....

Helped keep the service costs down to sensible levels.

Return to Technical, Tuning, Servicing