Board index General Area General Discussion Wheel Refurbs

Wheel Refurbs

This forum is for general motoring-related discussion

Post Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:06 pm
carl/saff Site Admin

Posts: 5507
Location: North London
Your Full Name: Carl
Whats RS's do you own: Sapphire Cosworths
So who has used which companies for refurbs on the wheels over the years ?
Image

Post Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:46 pm
1374Lee 1.6L OHC 74bhp

Posts: 300
Your Full Name: Lee Powell
Whats RS's do you own: .
Prestine Wheels in Milton Keynes have a very good name Carl.They're work is of a very high standard.
Platinum alloys in Swindon are also very good Carl.
I hope this helps.

CheeRS.Lee.

Post Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:49 pm
PYE WHITE 1.6L OHC 74bhp

Posts: 145
Location: Derby/Penrith
Your Full Name: Simon White
Whats RS's do you own: 2wd Sapphire Cosworth
I had my TSW Imolas done by JP Alloys in Cannock, very happy with the job.
Northern lad born & bred living a little bit to close to the South for my liking.

Image

Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:08 am
carl/saff Site Admin

Posts: 5507
Location: North London
Your Full Name: Carl
Whats RS's do you own: Sapphire Cosworths
Got a few set todo ....

5X Standard lattice Style Cosworth wheels
4X TSW Hocks 8x17
4X Mo Comps 7x17
4X OZ Mag 7x15
5X DYMAG Centre Locks
4x Lattice Style 6x14

Pristine does free collection and Delivery ... so going with them on my standard Cosworth wheels
Image

Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:27 am
twin turbo 2.8i V6 148bhp

Posts: 4013
Location: Norway
Your Full Name: sigmund Henjum
Whats RS's do you own: saph`s, escos + xr4i`s, capri`s, +++
Be sure you get someone that actually know what to do with the magnesium wheels... If done wrong, they Are garbage "imidatly"
sorry about spelling errors and other crap from me... I am from noway... I dont know better
Image

Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:13 pm
carl/saff Site Admin

Posts: 5507
Location: North London
Your Full Name: Carl
Whats RS's do you own: Sapphire Cosworths
I hear that ....

My OZ mags are refurbed but just not to my liking....

My DYMAGS are still with original paint ....
Image

Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:34 pm
twin turbo 2.8i V6 148bhp

Posts: 4013
Location: Norway
Your Full Name: sigmund Henjum
Whats RS's do you own: saph`s, escos + xr4i`s, capri`s, +++
Magnesium is abit demanding... If not protected right they rot from inside
sorry about spelling errors and other crap from me... I am from noway... I dont know better
Image

Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:50 pm
1374Lee 1.6L OHC 74bhp

Posts: 300
Your Full Name: Lee Powell
Whats RS's do you own: .
carl/saff wrote:
Got a few set todo ....

5X Standard lattice Style Cosworth wheels
4X TSW Hocks 8x17
4X Mo Comps 7x17
4X OZ Mag 7x15
5X DYMAG Centre Locks
4x Lattice Style 6x14

Pristine does free collection and Delivery ... so going with them on my standard Cosworth wheels


Prestine is a good choice, free delivery and collection to...result. I have seen a few sets of 3dr wheels that they have done and the results are quite simply superb.

Thanks.Lee.

Post Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:42 pm
carl/saff Site Admin

Posts: 5507
Location: North London
Your Full Name: Carl
Whats RS's do you own: Sapphire Cosworths
Had a chat with them today as I want them as oe a poss ... Keeping the outer lip as a lot get machined off

Will try to load some pics when they return ....
Image

Post Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:58 pm
1374Lee 1.6L OHC 74bhp

Posts: 300
Your Full Name: Lee Powell
Whats RS's do you own: .
carl/saff wrote:
Had a chat with them today as I want them as oe a poss ... Keeping the outer lip as a lot get machined off

Will try to load some pics when they return ....


Nice Carl.

CheeRS.Lee.

Post Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:02 pm
carl/saff Site Admin

Posts: 5507
Location: North London
Your Full Name: Carl
Whats RS's do you own: Sapphire Cosworths
twin turbo wrote:
Magnesium is abit demanding... If not protected right they rot from inside



Oh sounds a bit nasty , I heard there is a half life aswell as a lot are failing/ cracking with age ?
Image

Post Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:02 pm
carl/saff Site Admin

Posts: 5507
Location: North London
Your Full Name: Carl
Whats RS's do you own: Sapphire Cosworths
1374Lee wrote:
carl/saff wrote:
Had a chat with them today as I want them as oe a poss ... Keeping the outer lip as a lot get machined off

Will try to load some pics when they return ....


Nice Carl.

CheeRS.Lee.


:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Image

Post Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:26 pm
twin turbo 2.8i V6 148bhp

Posts: 4013
Location: Norway
Your Full Name: sigmund Henjum
Whats RS's do you own: saph`s, escos + xr4i`s, capri`s, +++
carl/saff wrote:
twin turbo wrote:
Magnesium is abit demanding... If not protected right they rot from inside



Oh sounds a bit nasty , I heard there is a half life aswell as a lot are failing/ cracking with age ?


Yes many Are destroyed since Cleaned and painted/powdercoated without correct treatment first... Then they rotting fom inside, and loose their strenght and start cracking....

Its same on all magparts...
sorry about spelling errors and other crap from me... I am from noway... I dont know better
Image

Post Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:56 am
carl/saff Site Admin

Posts: 5507
Location: North London
Your Full Name: Carl
Whats RS's do you own: Sapphire Cosworths
My standards should be back this week ....
Image

Post Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:52 pm
1374Lee 1.6L OHC 74bhp

Posts: 300
Your Full Name: Lee Powell
Whats RS's do you own: .
carl/saff wrote:
My standards should be back this week ....


I look forward to the pics and I hope you will be happy with them Carl.

CheeRS.Lee.

Post Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:33 pm
carl/saff Site Admin

Posts: 5507
Location: North London
Your Full Name: Carl
Whats RS's do you own: Sapphire Cosworths
1374Lee wrote:
carl/saff wrote:
My standards should be back this week ....


I look forward to the pics and I hope you will be happy with them Carl.

CheeRS.Lee.


Me too :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Image


Return to General Discussion

cron