Board index General Area General Discussion New Product

New Product

This forum is for general motoring-related discussion

Post Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:31 pm
twin turbo 2.8i V6 148bhp

Your Full Name: sigmund Henjum
Whats RS's do you own: saph`s, escos + xr4i`s, capri`s, +++
Nice, Great product. Can IT be used with aftermarked ecu too?
sorry about spelling errors and other crap from me... I am from noway... I dont know better

Post Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:54 pm

Not yet but there are plan to do some work on various protocols.

Post Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:48 pm
1374Lee 1.6L OHC 74bhp

Your Full Name: Lee Powell
Whats RS's do you own: .
Hi James, Lee from Wales. Looks a nice peice of kit James.I maybe looking for a monitor soon. What advantages does this have over the DSM -01 monitors apart from the data logging of course. What functions does it display in comparisson to the DSM -01?

Thanks. Lee.

Post Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:37 pm

The main and biggest difference is that our monitor connects to the ecu with 3 wires to the serial data stream, so this shows the data the ecu is outputting, what figures its actually seeing itself from the sensors, so can give you things like spark advance, injector duty, lambda control, etc etc because it outputs that data. This is far more advanced than most other gauges, its more like the IAW monitor we use for data logging while mapping.

Most of the other gauges like the Secs and DSM wire to the ecu connector, and pick up from the sensors themselves, so only tell you what it gets from the sensors, not what the ECU sees.

So if you data log with this unit, it will be able to give reference to spark advance against boost and rpm for example, which is a great help while remote tuning.

we are planning to make plug in additions to these units, which will include AFR and oil temp/pressure. When this is done you will be able to log AFR against Boost and RPM also, all of a sudden you can work with a tuner and remote tune to perfect maps.

Another good example of how its different is something simple like throttle calibrations, DSM in most close to closed throttle position just shows 0% open.
In reality its not 0 degrees though.
We calibrate the TPS in degrees, and it also has the ability to read into negative figures, which other gauges won't show
i set my TPS cals to -0.25 to +0.25 degrees. Try doing that on gauges that wire to the TPS Signal. ;)

And thats before your get into ECU error codes, which can be displayed,
other gauges don't show ANY ecu error codes, because they don't connect to the ECU.

Cranking a Cosworth over and it won't start, but everything looks ok on other gauges... These will show far more detail on whats wrong, as example, Phase sensor faults, sync errors, etc etc, only the ECU can output this information, you won't get that from wiring to the sensors directly. :D

Post Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:40 am

Touch screen, fully configurable to get the colours exactly how you like.
https://youtu.be/yWEJBDA7rkA

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:14 am
carl/saff Site Admin

Your Full Name: Carl
Whats RS's do you own: Sapphire Cosworths
Looks like a nice bit of Kit James :-)

Post Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:26 pm
1374Lee 1.6L OHC 74bhp

Very nice James. have these been tried and tested fully yet?

Thanks. Lee.

Post Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:34 pm

The unit itself is tried and tested ive sold a few, but we are working on the final protocol that most will want for L8 and P8 on pectel data stream, will be available soon!

Post Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:01 pm
1374Lee 1.6L OHC 74bhp

P8 on standard weber baby board available now James?

Thanks. Lee.

Post Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:43 pm

P8 has no board as standard,
But yes standard Weber Ecu on std firmware version is ready to go.

Post Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:36 pm
1374Lee 1.6L OHC 74bhp

james@autodynamix wrote:
P8 has no board as standard,
But yes standard Weber Ecu on std firmware version is ready to go.

Ok James, yep sorry I'm thinking of the pectel board,I'm not running one...doh!!!
Be in touch James me thinks..lol. Not just yet though.

CheeRS.Lee.

Return to General Discussion