Board index General Area Technical, Tuning, Servicing Poor starting when cold?

Poor starting when cold?

For all your Technical needs. ask the members and experts.

Post Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:56 am
Rosco 1.3L OHC 60bhp

Your Full Name: Ross Mitchell
Whats RS's do you own: None
Hi folks,

My plan is to get the car in for a good set up in new year, which should hopefully cure the following, however was curious if anyone had any ideas.

When started from stone cold, the car will run very lumpy and almost on 3 cylinders. It will run badly for a few seconds then cut out. Start again and does the same thing, after a few seconds it will take a rev (sometimes cuts out when you try and rev it) then settles into a perfect idle on all four cylinders.

Starts perfectly when hot so was thinking it may be something like a sensor? Blue coolant sensor at rear perhaps?

Its stage 3 running gear, still on a dizzy at the moment. Running a group A coil as well.

Cheers

Post Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:35 pm
twin turbo 2.8i V6 148bhp

Your Full Name: sigmund Henjum
Whats RS's do you own: saph`s, escos + xr4i`s, capri`s, +++
yes can be the blue sensor. is the "co" set correct? if unure, get that checked too.
sorry about spelling errors and other crap from me... I am from noway... I dont know better

Post Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am
carl/saff Site Admin

Your Full Name: Carl
Whats RS's do you own: Sapphire Cosworths
sounds like a damp engine..

I would go threw all the sensors multiplugs , compress the pins so they grip the sensors tight and put a tab of patrolluim jelly to prevent corrosion/mouisture ingress ;)

Post Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:24 pm
Rosco 1.3L OHC 60bhp

Your Full Name: Ross Mitchell
Whats RS's do you own: None
Thanks guys, changed the blue sensor (what a pig to get at) and car seems a lot happier at cold starts!

Still to get a good check over and set up, but I'm happy with that.

Rosco

Return to Technical, Tuning, Servicing