Board index General Area General Discussion Having a shell dipped?

Having a shell dipped?

This forum is for general motoring-related discussion

Post Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:18 pm
Hugh-RS 1.3L OHC 60bhp

Hi,

I'm very tempted to get this done but worried it might rust like fuck after but guy reckons a lot of companies do it this way?

What's everyones opinion on it? Cheer's

Post Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:50 pm
twin turbo 2.8i V6 148bhp

Your Full Name: sigmund Henjum
Whats RS's do you own: saph`s, escos + xr4i`s, capri`s, +++
dip it and get it primed(thin etch, and 2k epoxy) correct after, and keep in dry garage until painted and waxoiled... allot of diffrent ways to do this, so be sure its a proper Company.
sorry about spelling errors and other crap from me... I am from noway... I dont know better

Post Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:11 am
carl/saff Site Admin

Your Full Name: Carl
Whats RS's do you own: Sapphire Cosworths
My mate wants this done on his saph resto...

I may even get this done on the race cars ... but been told you have to drill a few holes to get the acid out after dipping..

Post Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:50 pm
twin turbo 2.8i V6 148bhp

Your Full Name: sigmund Henjum
Whats RS's do you own: saph`s, escos + xr4i`s, capri`s, +++
if done correct, they should clean it without drilling... few diffrent acid used, and some make problems. my grpa was dipped, and primed when I got it, but they have used 2kepoxy straight on Without a thin etch first, so have few flaking Places... but I will never do any big resto without dipping again, since the time and Equipment you use trying to clean it, is allot, and still dont get the same endresult since you never get everywhere...

also bring it in closed trailer from and back to heated garage when doing it, since when bare metal it will start quick to corrode...
sorry about spelling errors and other crap from me... I am from noway... I dont know better

Post Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:29 pm
carl/saff Site Admin

Your Full Name: Carl
Whats RS's do you own: Sapphire Cosworths
yep bare metal corrodes straight away ....

Return to General Discussion