Board index General Area Technical, Tuning, Servicing 4X4 Headgasket Recommendations

4X4 Headgasket Recommendations

For all your Technical needs. ask the members and experts.

Post Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:25 pm
Fordfreak94 1.3L OHC 60bhp

Your Full Name: Aidan Rump
Whats RS's do you own: Nouveau Red 4X4 Sapphire RS Cosworth
As title, any recommendations for replacement head gasket, been on GGR/Burtons etc, who recommends what and where?

Ive only recently bought the car with the fault, it has green injectors and RS500 intercooler, the last owner did say it has a bit of power - not standard etc (possibly 330bhp)

Post Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:15 pm
twin turbo 2.8i V6 148bhp

Your Full Name: sigmund Henjum
Whats RS's do you own: saph`s, escos + xr4i`s, capri`s, +++
Victor reinz grpa( YB0611) or the st escos type, and oe spec Victor reinz bolts(With big washer, small washer is only on 3door and a few early saph 2wd). both ggr and burton, matt Lewis and xpower engines+++ would be able to suply it

I would get it from xpower engines, since I use him on all my yb parts, since he is a old Works enginebuilder, and still actually build Extreme and reliable engines today, so know whts what.
sorry about spelling errors and other crap from me... I am from noway... I dont know better

Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:54 pm
carl/saff Site Admin

Your Full Name: Carl
Whats RS's do you own: Sapphire Cosworths
Defo get the head refaced - check thickness ...

Whats the fault ?

Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:45 pm

disagree on the reface carl... only skim if absolutly nesasery...
sorry about spelling errors and other crap from me... I am from noway... I dont know better

Post Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:57 pm

Cheers for the reply lads,

Ive got one from Matt Lewis, GRP A one, Theres water in the oil, last owner (a good mate) did tell me it needed one, I'll check the thickness and straightness before a skim i think.

Post Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:49 pm

do that. it can be some "bended" since when tight the bolts will straight it out. skimming is a fashion thing today it seems, no Wonder overskimmed heads is a daily problem...

Post Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:28 pm

twin turbo wrote:
do that. it can be some "bended" since when tight the bolts will straight it out. skimming is a fashion thing today it seems, no Wonder overskimmed heads is a daily problem...

I know mate, I'm a mechanic at a Ford dealer working on transits pretty much all day every day, we don't really skim heads unless they need to be, last garages I've been at it gets done regardless :?

It has a ARP Stud & Nut conversion on mine. Don't know what to torque them up to?

Post Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:11 am

trow the arp shit too the sea... and when have them, check for cracks around treads, and if treads is lifted in Block. also check head on washersurface that the arp havent dig into the face there.

but if use them, 110nm max With the arp grease. drive it hot, let it cool total Down, loose them alitle and retight With 110nnm.

Return to Technical, Tuning, Servicing