Board index General Area Technical, Tuning, Servicing Will this be causing problems?!

Will this be causing problems?!

For all your Technical needs. ask the members and experts.

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:40 pm
Rosco 1.3L OHC 60bhp

Your Full Name: Ross Mitchell
Whats RS's do you own: None
Sorry the pics ain't great, however it appears the gasket on my inlet manifold is crushed and not sitting true:

The car runs really well, apart from hunting at idle when cold - guess this could be drawing in too much air?

Cheers guys

Post Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:14 pm
Carl n 1977 1.6L OHC 74bhp

I would take manifold off to make sure and fit a cometic gasket to be safe they always seem to go on number 3 and could melt a piston
Carl n 77

Post Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:30 am
twin turbo 2.8i V6 148bhp

Your Full Name: sigmund Henjum
Whats RS's do you own: saph`s, escos + xr4i`s, capri`s, +++
yes would check it out. you can spray startgas(not sure if it called this in English.. but the spraybox gas to start a engine) around there when engine is running on idle, and see if it revs up, if it does you have a leak. its highly flamebale, but no problem as long as you dont go crasy everywhere ;)
sorry about spelling errors and other crap from me... I am from noway... I dont know better

Post Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:22 am
Rosco 1.3L OHC 60bhp

Cheers lad, will get a gasket ordered up and strip manifold off to check

Post Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:31 pm
carl/saff Site Admin

Your Full Name: Carl
Whats RS's do you own: Sapphire Cosworths
twin turbo wrote:
yes would check it out. you can spray startgas(not sure if it called this in English.. but the spraybox gas to start a engine) around there when engine is running on idle, and see if it revs up, if it does you have a leak. its highly flamebale, but no problem as long as you dont go crasy everywhere ;)

Easystart ;-)

Post Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:27 pm
Rosco 1.3L OHC 60bhp

Ordered up a new cosmetic gasket set from Matt Lewis and whipped inlet off...glad I did as current gasket was torn and squashed around port 1 - no idea how!

Also fitted a new temp sensor at same time and car seems so much happier when cold so happy days!

Next job is to give the idle valve a good clean out!

Post Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:41 pm
twin turbo 2.8i V6 148bhp

Your Full Name: sigmund Henjum
Whats RS's do you own: saph`s, escos + xr4i`s, capri`s, +++
boost and misfire can blow them out ;) this happens sometimes on these engines :lol: check co/afr and adjust the idle With the icv disconected.
sorry about spelling errors and other crap from me... I am from noway... I dont know better

Return to Technical, Tuning, Servicing